Storytelling is the illustration of a concept, an idea, or a product, through a story. The goal is to attract and maintain public attention and get them to act. It is a technique used in Digital Marketing in order to stand out from the competition. So you have to find the right story at the right time.
Tell a story to educate
Stories have long been used to educate children. Which child did not ask for a story before sleeping? These stories have served and still serve to teach, to learn a lesson from life. Children thus learned the principles of life. They want to look like a character, they dream of their future and begin to imagine what they would become later.
The interest of storytelling: creating emotions
Digital Marketing has appropriated this practice, which also works with consumers. With a story, the consumer identifies with the actors and nourishes the desire to experience what is told in the story. He therefore wants to have the same clothes, wear the same shoes, live in the same house, etc. The character of the story creates in him:
- A new habit , a new way of life, another way of seeing life;
- The conviction regarding the message passed in history;
- The decision: he has the desire to acquire the product or use the service offered.
Classic method vs storytelling
The classic method of selling a product is to brag about it: list the advantages of its use, bring out what differentiates it from other brands, show the improvements made compared to previous versions.
Storytelling theory, on the other hand, works on the person’s emotions. These are the emotions that influence the choice.
Compared to a long speech, a short story is more practical to convince. If it makes you laugh, it’s even better. The customer will be seduced and he will become a loyal consumer of the product or service. Nursing Assignment Writing Service UK add short stories to promote its business well among students.
How to find the right story?
- Know the customer. Like any communication, the language differs depending on the target audience. A story intended for little girls who play dolls will not interest a young man looking for his first smartphone.
- Involve the client in the story. Imagine that the customer is part of the story. He is the main actor, he is the hero.
- Make the customer dream, make him want to live this story in his real life, lead him to transpose the scenario into his daily life.
- Let the images or drawings speak. Pictures and drawings speak better than letters. The images, which must reflect perfection, will make the client want to identify with the hero of the story.
Storytelling: influence to build loyalty
The main thing in storytelling is to interest the target client, attract their attention, as well:
- He will always come to consult the site;
- He will be curious about new products, he wants to be aware of everything;
- The sensations he will have when reading the content will arouse in him the desire to consume;
- He will use word of mouth to promote the site, and therefore the products.
- Cheap Assignment Help UK update stories on regular basis to get loyal customers and this strategy works because you daily story update urges students to wait for your story and they become used to.
Storytelling: a story of digital strategy
Does storytelling appeal to you? Attention, it will not be necessary to launch head down, and upstream, it will be imperative to build a real strategy, which will certainly include elements of digital communication, but possibly also elements of offline communication (press, public display….).
This strategy will have several objectives:
- Determine the message you want to convey, and the levers that will be used to do it. It is important to remember that to each communication lever corresponds a persona, with their own consumption habits….
- Also determine an action plan with time milestones, i.e. an agenda of actions to be carried out. Too close together, each action can lose range and cause a saturation effect, and on the contrary, these actions too far apart can break the “story telling” effect
- Refine the budget: remember, you should never embark on a marketing or web marketing operation if the budget has not been determined…
Beyond these three points, let us also remember that storytelling calls on multiple skills if it is done in cross-channel, that is to say with various levers, such as for example the web, the press, the radio, display. Therefore, a certain step back, a certain experience is necessary.
If undeniably the basis of storytelling, that is to say the story that is conveyed in order to sell a product or service must emanate first from the company, the implementation of the means to convey this story requires professional expertise and a definite step back, in order not only to make it effective, but also to respect the budget.