Pearson Test of English tests your proficiency in English. This exam can be a bit challenging because of the different tasks present in each section. Each section is timed so you need to work in the given timeframe. You will have to efficiently manage your time if you want to tackle all the questions in the time limit. With proper PTE practice and following the right techniques, you will be able to get a 79+ score in all sections.
Tips and techniques:
This section has several sub-tasks that test your speaking skills. Some tasks tests your integrated skills which means your performance will also affect the score of other skills. The below tips will help you to achieve your target.
- Read Loudly Task
This is one of the most important tricks. In this task, you should read the text loudly before the system begins to record. It will help you to avoid mistakes while you are using those words in speaking your response.
If you come across a word that is difficult to pronounce then skip it or you will end up losing points. You should speak in the natural flow and avoid taking any long pauses.
Include these tricks in your PTE practice and observe how your performance improves.
- Repeat Sentence Task
You should try to speak as many sentences as possible. Maximum number of sentences will get you a higher score. try to speak at least half of them. If you are facing trouble with long sentences then do not over stress. Try to speak a few words as that will at least get 1 mark.
- Describe Image Task
In this task, you will get a graph. You will have to speak about it descriptively. You will get 40 seconds where you should use 30 seconds for the graph’s description and the rest 10 seconds to give a strong conclusion. Keep your response within this time frame. Describe every axis and everything you see on the graph. Try to cover every detail. Do enough PTE practice on this task as there can be tricky graphs asked on the PTE exam.
- Re-tell Lecture Task
While you head the audio, you should start making notes of all the important details. While speaking your response, cover all the points that you have written down. If you come across a word that is hard to pronounce then do not include it in your response because anything you pronounce wrong will make you lose points.
- Short Answer Questions
In this task, you should remember that the first word you speak is picked by the computer. Take time to think before you speak. Don’t try to correct what you have already spoken and be confident while speaking.
- Improve your vocabulary and grammar. Include vocabulary and grammar exercises in your PTE practice.
- Make use of simple words instead of complex words. Only if you have a good vocabulary base then go for complex words.
- Your response should be in a structured format. Your sentences should be linked with each other and should be meaningful.
- Write impactful opening and closing statements.
- Write strong conclusions.
- While listening to the audio, you should note down the important details.
- Frame your response by covering all the important points.
- learn to efficiently manage your time.
- Write around 70 words in 9 minutes of the time. This will help you to tackle this section
in the given timeframe. Do enough PTE practice to achieve this target.
- Understand the gist of the passage.
- Always read the question first before you read the passage. This gives you an overall idea about what you are finding in the passage.
- Use the elimination rule. In this technique, you rule out all the incorrect choices. This narrows the list and gets you closer to finding the right answer.
- Use Paraphrasing. In this technique, you use different words to convey the same meaning by re-structuring the sentences.
- The majority of the answers are found in the initial lines and the ending lines of the passage.
- PTE practice will help you to work in time frames because every section is timed.