Seldom have we found people doing this. Healthy habits are not taken care of by majority of people. Considering the fast paced techno savvy lives that we all lead money is something that everybody is chasing and in the process forget to take care of themselves and their health.
To lead a healthy life one should eat healthy, exercise regularly, drink lots of water daily and reduce stress.
Here are a few healthy habits that can be practiced in our day to day life with no extra efforts irrespective of what age or gender you are.
In order to live a healthy lifestyle one should have a balance. Here is how you can get a balance in your life:
- Exercise for at least 45 mins five times a week
- Consume 2.5 to 3 litres of water daily
- Eat 6 -7 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner will remain main meals and mid- morning, mid-afternoon, mid-evening will remain small meals).
- Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, nuts.
- Choose foods that are low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars; look at the labels because the first listed items on the labels.
- Control portion sizes; eat the smallest portion that can satisfy hunger and then stop eating.
- Snacks are OK in moderation and should consist of items like fruit, whole grains, or nuts to satisfy hunger,
- Turn the TV off and get 7-8 hours of sleep everyday
- Follow a food pyramid which is –keep an eye on your portion size,
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet
Physical Wellness (For The Body)
- Good Nutrition, Eating Right
- Getting Physically Fit, Beneficial Exercise
- Adequate Rest
- Stress Management
It is said that ‘a sound mind is in a sound body’. This old adage is true and I am sure most of you will agree with me.
In order to live a mentally healthy lifestyle it is important to have control on our minds and emotions. It’s just not enough to have a positive attitude, mindful eating is equally important.
Do not let stress take over your life. Try to follow your dreams or engage in some kind of a hobby that relaxes you and relieves you of your stress. Try and avoid junk food as much as you can because that satisfies only your taste buds not your system’s hunger. Our body receives zero nutrients from it.
Emotional Wellness (For The Mind)
- Positive Thoughts and Viewpoints
- Positive Self-Image
- Give and receive
- Inner calmness
- Be outgoing
God gifted us super system it’s BODY so let’s nurture it by promising ourselves to sustain it by inculcating good habits.